Friday, May 18, 2012

False Cape State Park

I realize I still haven't posted the swimming pictures, but I've been busy.  Deal with it :-)

Part of the reason I've been busy is work.  I recently spent 3 days at False Cape State Park, which is south of Virginia Beach, right along the Virginia/North Carolina border.  Very close to Norfolk and NAS Oceana so there is plenty of air activity.  I had never been to this park before but knew that it was isolated and difficult to get to, despite being so near a major population like Virginia Beach. 

To say the least, it was beautiful.  I was very happy that I took my nice camera along for this trip, as there was plenty to take pictures of.

We did quite a bit of work while there, but we also had a good time.  We went for a nice kayak trip one day where we saw some bald eagles, blue herons, and plenty of water snakes.  We also went for a ride on the Terra Gator, which is a former military personnel transport that the park now uses to move people up and down the beach.  Pretty impressive piece of equipment, although I've been warned that you shouldn't linger in it if it catches on fire O_o

Days were spent working and enjoying the natural beauty.  Nights were spent fishing on the beach and playing cornhole next to the bay.  Not a bad work trip at all.  Here are some of my pictures from the days we spent there. 



 




2 comments:

  1. Some really pro-looking pics here. And I REALLY want to drive that beast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    My name is Sarah and I'm with Dwellable. I was looking for blog posts about False Cape State Park to share on our site and I came across your post...If you're open to it, drop me a line at Sarah(at)dwellable(dot)com.
    Hope to hear from you :)
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete