Wednesday, February 22, 2012

An afternoon in the woods

More pictures of the trip to Blacksburg will soon follow, but while I'm working on those I'll share a few shots from my afternoon in the woods last week. 

I'm still searching for the other half of the shed antlers from the huge buck.  While wandering, I visited our beaver pond, which is the new winter residence of four Canadian geese.  They weren't too happy to see me, but were fairly photogenic. 



In the same general area I found a few turtle shells.  One was just from a small box turtle, but the other was a fairly large snapping turtle.  I bet when he was alive, this was a 30-40 lb turtle.  Pretty impressive.




Finally I capped off my day by getting some shots of a bald eagle and a robin that looked sad and ignored.  Its gotta be tough to be a common bird.  No one gives you any love.




Hopefully I'm able to find that shed soon, but until then I'll certainly enjoy my walks in the woods. 

No comments:

Post a Comment